Image of a representation of Amun in gold leaf backed by opaque glass discovered at site 262 (Temple of Amun), (262-1). Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë D12 Plate X'. Note on back of album print states 'Glass figure mounted on gold found in the divine tomb behind altar'. Album print marked ‘262 M10’.
Meroë site 262: Glass figure of Amun
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/D/12
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 D.12GB 3431 M.295
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (125mm x 176mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Emulsion of the negative is discoloured and yellowing.
The object was formerly in the collection of Martin Kennard, but was sold in 1912 and the current location is unknown.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Full description of the object can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1 p124.