Image of a stone pyramid capstone discovered in tomb 370, featuring a relief depicting standing male royal figure or deity facing right. Garstang believed the object was an offering tablet. Handwritten note with negative states 'Album V40 Meroë 370 M11'.
Meroë tomb 370: pyramid capstone
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/V/40
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 V.40GB 3431 M.544
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (101mm x 126mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
The album print is missing.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl. 234, labelled 'pyramid capstone found at grave M 370'. Full description of object and inscription can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1 p.270.