Image of steps leading to the tomb at site R40. The steps were cut from the ground of the desert below a set of mud brick steps. Album print labelled 'steps cut in the desert R40' and 'pl.6'. '31' and 'A16' are written on the back of the print.
Reqaqnah site 40: 'steps cut in the desert'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/R/1/26
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 R.27GB 3431 A16
- Dates of Creation1901-1902
- Physical Description1 developing out paper print (104mm x 127mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
Under copyright until 2026. The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1904), Tombs of the Third Egyptian Dynasty at Reqaqnah and Bet Khallaf, (Constable, London), pl. 6, entitled 'Continued in steps cut in the desert'.