Image of the left wing of the portico discovered in the mound of Jobba Eyuk (Coba Höyük) near Sakje Geuzi (Sakçagözü, Turkey), showing the sculpture of a lion and reliefs of a winged lion and a man.
Sakje Geuzi No. 49a: Jobba Eyuk, portico, left wing
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/SG/67
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 H08 79
- Dates of Creation1908
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (180mm x 130mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Scratches in the emulsion and some spotting.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1908), ‘Excavations at Sakje-Geuzi, in North Syria: Preliminary report for 1908’, Liverpool Annals of Archaeology and Anthropology, Vol. 1, plate XL.1; Garstang, (1910), Land of the Hittites, plate LXXXI.1; Garstang, (1929), Hittite Empire, plate XLIX.1.