Image of a photograph of 4 coins discovered in Hierapolis, Turkey, showing Syrian goddesses. The photograph probably a gallery proof for the front piece published in the 1913 translation of ‘The Syrian Goddess’ by Lucian of Samosata, edited by John Garstang. Handwritten note with negative states 'A3 Slide 68', 'Coins'.
Coins from Hierapolis
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/X/1/9
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 Misc A10GB 3431 MISC/A/10
- Dates of Creation
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (105mm x 80mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Formerly stored in JG/X/9/1.
Conditions Governing Use
Original author is unknown. Copyright expired 70 years after it was created and 70 years after it was made available to the public.
Lucian of Samosata, (1913), The Syrian goddess, being a translation of Lucian' 'De dea Syria' with a life of Lucian by H.A. Strong,Edited with notes and an introduction by J. Garstang, frontpiece.