Image of a head of a lion statue discovered at site 295 at Meroë, with a man stood behind it. Album print marked 'Meroë'.
Meroë site 295: Lion's head
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/S/14
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 S.14GB 3431 M.1146GB 3431 MISC/D/15
- Dates of Creation
- Physical Description1 cellulose acetate film negative (115mm x 90mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
The album print is missing.
This negative was previously in MISC collection, but was returned to its rightful place in the Meroë collection.
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Negative has spotting around the edges and some tiny dents.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl.129, labelled '295-4a'. Full description of the statue can be found in in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1, p164, find reference 295-4.