Image of the site 600 (Isis Temple) after clearing showing remains of pedestals/statue bases and mud brick walls, including two boys in the trench and a man stood on top of the trench. Handwritten note with negative states '600 M10, B8 photo'.
Meroë site 600: statues used as column bases
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/B/8
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 B.8GB 3431 M.560
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (175mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Image published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, Pl.XVII.1, labelled ‘Discovery of royal statues reused as pedestals’. Reproduced as lantern slide 42 M1, entitled ‘Meroë. Broken statues used as columns. Details’.