Image of the mound of site 6 (Lion Temple) before it was excavated. Note on back of album print states 'Beginning work upon a great mound on the E side of the city (beyond railway). The buried building proved to be a sort of sanctuary or temple, built over the remains of an older structure below, possibly a tomb'. Handwritten note with negative states '6 M10 Mound Box II Print P54'.
Meroë site 6: Mound
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/P/54
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 P.54GB 3431 M.24
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (179mm x 130mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.