General view of the Temple of Amun during excavation, showing the discovery of the high altar (below left) in site 261. Sites 264, 266, 269 can also be seen partly excavated. Note with album print states 'discovery of high altar (left foreground) in the Temple of Amon' and '260 (?) M10'.
Meroë site 260: 'Discovery of High Altar'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/D/59
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 D.59GB 3431 M.273
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (109mm x 89mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl. V.2, labelled ‘sanctuaries after excavation’