Image of the side view of various sandstone statue heads discovered in the tank at site 195 ('Royal Baths'), including (from left), coated and painted sandstone head; coated and painted sandstone head; sandstone head of right hand-side figure from reclining couple statue; coated and painted sandstone head. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Print L59'. Album print marked '194 M12'.
Meroë site 195: Statue heads
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/L/59
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 L.59GB 3431 M.153
- Dates of Creation1912
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Full description of the objects can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol.1, from left p78-79, 195-1(s); p83, 195-20(S) to 195-22(S).