Image of a sandstone stone capital of Ptolemaic Egyptian type. Album print marked '827/891 M14' but Török states the object is from site 959.
Meroë: Decorated capital
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/GA/3
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 GA.3GB 3431 M.619
- Dates of Creation1914
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (108mm x 81mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Part of the emulsion is coming away from the glass.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl. 174, labelled ‘959-7’. Full description in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol.1, p214.