Image of three bronze figures discovered at either site 924 or 294, including (from left) a sphinx on a pedestal; a winged cupid; and a tripod stand decorated with an animal figure. Album print marks the site as '294' though the sphinx and the cupid are labelled as 924 elsewhere in the collection.
Meroë site 924/294: Bronze objects
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/O/13
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 O.13GB 3431 M.1084
- Dates of Creation1913
- Physical Description1 developing out paper print (164mm x 120mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
There is no original negative of this image. There is a 35mm negative of the album print.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Full description of the figure can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1, p231, find references (from left), 924-f, 924-g, and possibly 924-o.