Image of a large [reconstructed?] amphora with a long wide neck. Decorated with a painted vine wreath on its shoulder and two plain painted body bands. Handwritten note with negative states 'Album N2 49 Meroë'.
Meroë: Large amphora
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/NA/49
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 N2.49GB 3431 M.908
- Dates of Creation
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (101mm x 126mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
The object is now held by the Petrie Museum, University College London (UC44412).
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl.227, labelled 'x-ddd'. Full description of the vase can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1, p.262, find reference x-ddd'.