Image of artefacts found in site 294, including 3 gold necklace spacers inscribed with names of King Aramatelqo and King Malonaqen, 3 spiral rings, and a bronze plated seals (reverse of other images).
Meroë site 294: Gold and bronze objects
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/HA/11/b
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 H2.11GB 3431 M.862
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
There is no print of this image.
One of the spacers is now in The Brooklyn Museum, Charles Wilbor Fund (49.29). One spacer and a ring are now in the National Museum of Sudan, Khartoum, (511/1).
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Full description of the objects can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol.1, pp160-161.