Image of three reconstructed cream marl ware pottery vessels, including (from left) a lotiform cup stamped with sun disc crown cobras and painted in a dark brown colour; a libation vase; and a lotiform cup. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Album N2 27'.
Meroë: Painted Meroitic Pottery
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/NA/27
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 N2.27GB 3431 M.883
- Dates of Creation
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (126mm x 101mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl.220, labelled 'x-gg (left), x-hh (centre), x-ii (right).' Full description of the objects can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1, p.261.