Image of the side view of heads of sandstone statues discovered in the tank at site 195 ('Royal Baths'), including (from left), the head of a Silenus statue and the head of the 'God of the Nile' statue. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Print L37'. Album print marked 194 M12'.
Meroë site 195: Statue heads
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/L/57
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 L.57GB 3431 M.151
- Dates of Creation1912
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
The 'God of the Nile' statue is now held by the NY Carlsberg Glyptotek, Copenhagen (Æ.I.N 1484).
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Full description of the objects in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1, p79, reference 195-3(s) and p. 81-82, reference 195-7(S).