Image of site 260 (Temple of Amun) near the end of excavation taken from the enclosure wall looking east. The outer peristyle hall (site 271) can be seen in the background still under excavation, followed by a small hall with four sets of columns (site 270), a small hall with three sets of columns (site 273, with room 272 on the left); and a hall with two sets of columns (site 269). In front of the halls, the image shows, the sanctuary containing the high altar (site 261, left); the south sanctuary (site 264, centre) and the ‘hall of columns (site 266).
Meroë site 260: Temple of Amun
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/FA/50/c
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 F2.50GB 3431 M.255
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
There is no album print of this image.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.