Image of stone carvings inlaid into the east half of the south wall of the tank discovered at site 195 ('Royal Baths'), including an animal sculpture; a rosette, and a stone medallion featuring the face of a women. Album print marked '194 M12'.
Meroë site 195: sculptures on tank wall
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/L/27
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 L.27GB 3431 M.121
- Dates of Creation1912
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Image published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl. 32, labelled M 195. Interior, S Wall, E half, detail'.