Image of the restored life-size statue of a man discovered at site 295, possibly taken at the Sudan National Museum, Khartoum. Album print labelled 'Khartum [sic] Museum' and 'Meroë 1912 95' [actually site 295].
Meroë site 295: male statue
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/LA/36
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 L2.36GB 3431 M.450
- Dates of Creation
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (124mm x 188mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
The statue is now in the Sudan National Museum, Khartoum, (537).
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Full description of the statue can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol.1, pp163-164, reference 295-3.