Image of line drawings of two sculptures: relief of a ceremonial feast discovered at Marash (Kahramanmaraş, Turkey) and a statue on a lion base from Sinjerli (Zincirli Hüyük, Turkey), published in Garstang's Hittite Empire.
Line drawings from Kahramanmaraş and Zincirli Hüyük
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/X/4/10
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 MISC 10GB 3431 MISC/D/10
- Dates of Creation
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (110mm x 80mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Formerly stored in JG/X/9/4
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Negative is discoloured around the edges of the emulsion.
Conditions Governing Use
Creator is unknown. Copyright expired 70 years after publication. Author of original publication in which the image appears died over 70 years ago.
Published in Garstang, (1929), Hittite Empire, fig. 18, p 224 and fig 28, p. 262. The Sinjerli image is based on an illustration from Pottier, L'Art Hittite, fig. 101.