Image of three carvings inlaid into the south wall of the tank discovered at site 195, including a decorated ankh, an ox, and a tondi featuring the face of a woman. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Print L26'. Album print marked '194 M12'.
Meroë site 195: sculptures on tank wall
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/L/26
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 L.26GB 3431 M.120
- Dates of Creation1912
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Image published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl. 31, labelled 'M 195. Interior, S wall, W half detail'.