Image of site 271 (Temple of Amun) during excavation, showing the remains of the ‘great pylon’ and column bases of the outer hall. Album print marked '272 M10' but the site is 271. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë City etc. pl. 6.2, slide 22 M2, Print D21'.
Meroë site 271: General View
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/D/21
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 D.21GB 3431 M.317
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl. VI.2, labelled ‘columns of outer hall and great pylon partly excavated’.