:Image of (from left) Prof. Archibald Sayce, John Garstang and [Peter Drummond?] having breakfast in their camp in Meroë during the first season of the excavations. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Album Z15'. Album print labelled 'Prof. Sayce', 'Prof. Garstang' and 'Harold Jones?' [Harold Jones, one of Garstang's assistants, no longer worked for Garstang at this date so it is unlikely it is him].
Meroë: Excavators' in camp
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/Z/15
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 Z.15GB 3431 M.973
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (119mm x 90mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.