Image of the mound of stones covering tomb 3 before excavation. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë City etc. Plate 36.1 P51'. Album print labelled 'mound of stones covering a tomb' and '3 M09'.
Meroë tomb 3: 'Mound of stones covering a tomb'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/P/51
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 P.51GB 3431 M.12
- Dates of Creation1909
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (175mm x 126mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
To prevent further damage this negative is now stored separately from the main collection.
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Negative is broken and a large part of the image is missing.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl.XXVI.1, labelled 'The mound that covered the tomb'.