Image, taken from site 278, showing chambers in the Temple of Amun, which Garstang thought were the sanctuaries (sites 265, 261, 264). The great altar of site 261 can be seen in the centre of the image. Handwritten note with negative states ‘Meroë print D20’. Album print marked '278 M11'.
Meroë site 278: Sanctuaries
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/D/20
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 D.20GB 3431 M.327
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Materials
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.