Image of granite stela discovered at site 600, depicting King Teriteqas before the goddess Isis. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë City Pl. XIX 4, 13B'.
Meroë site 600: Granite Stela
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/B/13/a
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 B.13GB 3431 M.566
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (124mm x 188mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Digital image is upside down to show the correct view of the relief.
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Negative has two damaged edges.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, Pl. XIX 4, labelled ‘Granite stela (12) showing the king before Isis, from the Keniseh (6). Full description of the object can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1 p172.