Image looking across site 195 (‘Royal Baths’) from the east during the excavation of the tank. Site 194 can be seen on the far right. John Garstang is stood in the tank examining finds. Various finds can also be seen on the wall of the tank. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Print L21'. Album print marked '194 M12' and 'Slide 9 M4'.
Meroë sites 194/5: General View
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/L/21
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 L.21GB 3431 M.115
- Dates of Creation1912
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
The print is missing from the album.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Image published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl.17, labelled 'M 195 from E'.