Image of 3 sandstone fragments of a vertical hieroglyphic inscription discovered at site 293 (inscriptions, left to right, 78, 73, 74). Inscription 74 contains part of the throne name of Aspelta. Inscription 78 contains the name of Amun. Handwritten note with negative states 'Album V29 Meroë 293 M11'.
Meroë site 293: inscription fragments
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/V/29
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 V.29GB 3431 M.402
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (126mm x 101mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Full description of the objects and inscriptions can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1 p. 241, inscriptions 73, 74 and 78.