Image of cartouches (inscriptions 1-3) discovered on the eastern façade of the 'Sun Temple' (site 250). Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë F.10 Pl. XXXIV.3'. Album print marked '250 M10'.
Meroë site 250: 'List of Foreign Lands'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/F/10
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 F.10GB 3431 M.209
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (179mm x 125mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl. XXXIV.3, labelled 'cartouches in Meroitic hieroglyphs from south side of eastern façade'. [marked as inscriptions 1-3].