Image of street 900 during excavation next to sites 909 and 924. Track and mine cars used for debris removal can be seen in background. Album print marked '900 M13' and 'Slide 38 M3'.
Meroë site 900: excavation
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/O/5
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 0.5GB 3431 M.1009
- Dates of Creation1913
- Physical Description1 developing out paper print (164mm x 118mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
There is no original negative of this image. There is a 35mm negative of the album print.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1914), 'Fourth interim Report on the Excavations of Meroë in Ethiopia’, Liverpool Annals of Archaeology and Anthropology, Vol. VI, pl. ii.2, labelled 'wall of palace (909. 924) and corner of street'.