Image of the front of a statue of a reclining figure discovered in the tank at site 195 ('Royal Baths'). Note with album print states 'Reclining figure from Great Baths, ?God of the Nile'. Handwritten note with negative states Meroë Print L42'. Album print marked '194 M12'.
Meroë site 195: Reclining Figure
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/L/42
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 L.42GB 3431 M.136
- Dates of Creation1912
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Image published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl. 36, labelled ‘195-3(S). Full description of the statue can be found in Török, (1997),Meroë City,Vol. 1, pp.79-80, reference 195-3(S).