General view of the central excavated area in the north of the Royal City, taken left of the gateway in the enclosure wall at the end of street 920 (right of the image). Site 998 can be seen in the foreground. The shelter built above site 292 can be seen in the background. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Album T25'.
Meroë: General View
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/T/25
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 T.25GB 3431 M.947
- Dates of Creation
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (225mm x 164mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Negative has been smashed and repaired with sticky tape. The emulsion is also damaged and appears rippled. The bottom right side of the negative appears to be underexposed.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl. 183, labelled ‘M998 from NNE’.