Image of an damaged offering tablet found blocking tomb 327, depicting the gods Nephthys and Anubis libating on an altar, with what appears to be food at the centre. There is a cursive Meroitic inscription around the edge. '327' is written on the negative. Handwritten note with negative states 'Album V71 Meroë 327 M10'.
Meroë tomb 327: offering tablet
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/V/71
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 V.71GB 3431 M.528
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (126mm x 101mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl.LVII.7, labelled 'inscribed altar (No. 43) from tomb 327'; Leclant (ed.), (1980), Répertoire d'épigraphie méroïtique, REM 0443.