Image of five restored cream marl clay ware cups. Four feature stamped decoration and one is painted. The cup second from the left was restored from fragments found at site 923. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Album N2 23, Meroë Pottery'. On album print the cup on the far right is marked 'Mr James Smith'.
Meroë: Meroitic Pottery
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/NA/23
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 N2.23GB 3431 M.879
- Dates of Creation
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (126mm x 101mm)
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Original negative is out of focus.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Full description of the objects published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1, p 199, find reference 923-a (second from left), p 261, (from left) x-z, x-x, x-w, and x-v.