Image of 8 granite objects, including (bottom right) an axe head (site 272); (top middle) axe head (site 710); and (top left) a mace head (site 710?). '272' and 711' are written on back of the album print.
Meroë: Stone objects
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/N/4
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 N.4GB 3431 M.1058
- Dates of Creation[1910-1911]
- Physical Description1 developing out paper print (164mm x 121mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
There is no original negative of this image. There is a 35mm negative of the album print.
The known objects are now thought to be in the Sudan National Museum, Khartoum.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Full description the objects can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1, p127 (272-3, bottom right); p177 (710-1 and 2, top middle and top left).