Image of the excavators' house at Meroë with people having tea under a terrace sat on deck chairs. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë A6 Excavation house'.
Meroë: 'Excavation House'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/A/6
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 A.6GB 3431 M.1159
- Dates of Creation[1911-1914]
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
The excavation house wasn't built until the 3rd excavation season (1911-1912).
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Slight silvering and fingerprints on emulsion of the negative. Original negative seems to be slightly out of focus.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.