Image of a votive tablet found blocking the entrance of tomb 307. The tablet depicts two large offering jars next to a lotus shaped offering tablet. There is an Meroitic inscription around the edge. 'M10 307' is written on the negative. Handwritten note with negative states 'Album V57 Meroë 307 M10'.
Meroë tomb 307: offering tablet
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/V/57
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 V.57GB 3431 M.507
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (101mm x 126mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl.LVI, labelled 'votive altars with inscriptions (no. 28-36 in sequence) from tomb 307'.