Image of the west half of the south wall of the tank discovered at site 195 ('Royal Baths'), showing various sculptures and carvings including a rosette, a tondi featuring the face of a woman, an ox, and possibly a lion statue. Handwritten note with negative states Meroë Print L25'. Album print marked '194 M12'.
Meroë site 195: interior of tank
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/L/25
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 L.25GB 3431 M.119
- Dates of Creation1912
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Image published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl. 30, labelled ' M 195 , interior, s wall, E half, detail'.