Image of a votive tablet found blocking the entrance of tomb 307. The table features the gods Nephthys and Anubis making offerings into a [lotus shaped?] depression on the surface of the table. There is a cursive Meroitic inscription around the edge. '307 M10' is written on the negative. Handwritten note with negative states 'Album V62 Meroë 307 M10'.
Meroë tomb 307: offering tablet
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/V/62
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 V.62GB 3431 M.512
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (126mm x 101mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Very poor negative. Emulsion is very discoloured.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl.LVI, labelled 'votive altars with inscriptions (no. 28-36 in sequence) from tomb 307'.