Image of two bronze objects found at site 296, including a statuette of a lion-headed goddess and a plume from the crown of an Amun statue with inlaid coloured glass or enamels. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë J2 9; and '296 M13'. Album print marked 'Meroë 1913 296'.
Meroë site 296: Bronze Objects
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/JA/9
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 J2.9GB 3431 M.458
- Dates of Creation1913
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1914), 'Fourth Interim Report on Meroë', Liverpool Annals of Archaeology and Anthropology, Vol. VI, pl. IV.2, labelled 'statuette and inlaid feathers, 296'.