Image of a fragment of a basalt statue wearing a royal belt with a cartouche containing the name of King Natakamani. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë album N2 13, 2 negatives, 942/900 M13, slide 47 M3'.
Meroë: King Natakamani statue fragment
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/NA/13/a
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 N2.13GB 3431 M.699
- Dates of Creation1913
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (101mm x 126mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
There is no album print of this image.
Statue is now in Liverpool Museum, (49.47.709).
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Full description of object in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol.1 pp 231-2, find reference 988-1. In publications, Garstang stated the statue was discovered near one of the entrances in site 998, but the negative is labelled '942/900' placing the find spot south of 998 M between site 296 and street 900.