Image of the central part of a wall mural discovered on the east wall of a building at site 292. On the left a female 'royal' figure can be seen facing the enthroned god in JG/M/J/15. The feet of a male 'royal' figure can be seen on the right facing an enthroned god in JG/M/J/16. In the centre are 5 small male figures.
Meroë site 292: East Wall Painting (centre)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/J/17/a
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 J.17GB 3431 M.380
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl. 112 labelled 'M 2192 Interior E wall, central part, detail of wall painting'. Full description of wall paintings can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1, pp 148-149.