Image of 4 archers' finger looses discovered in tomb 3. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Pl XXXIX P12'.
Meroë tomb 3: Archers' looses
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/P/12
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 P.12GB 3431 M.16
- Dates of Creation1909
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (119mm x 89mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl.XXXVI.2, labelled as 'Diorite staff-heads from within [tomb 3]'. The objects are identified as Archers' looses in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol.1, p264.