Image of the excavation of the upper levels of site 195 ('Royal Baths') from the north east, showing the remains of a late Meroitic chapel. John Garstang can be seen at the centre of the image. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Print L15'. Album print marked '194 M12'.
Meroë site 195: chapel above tank
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/L/15
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 L.15GB 3431 M.109
- Dates of Creation1912
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl.18, labelled 'M 195. Late Meroitic chapel over tank from NE'.