Image of a sandstone block with a fragment of an incised inscription, thought to be Old Abyssinian or Sabaean, found at site 292. Handwritten note with negative states 'Album V21 Meroë 292 M11'.
Meroë site 292: Inscription fragment
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/V/21
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 V.21GB 3431 M.391
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (101mm x 126mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl. 114, labelled '292-3'. Full description of the object can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1 p. 151, find reference 292-3.