Image of the centre right of a relief on the west side of the lower podium of the ‘Sun Temple’ discovered at site 250, thought to depict a kiosk with four columns with figures on foot and horses moving towards it (right). Album print marked '250 M11'.
Meroë site 250: Processional Relief (centre right)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/F/24
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 F.24GB 3431 M.223
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Heavy silvering of the emulsion around the edge of the negative.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Full description of the relief can be found in Török (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1, p108. Image published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl. 80, labelled 'M250 Lower podium, w front detail of relief'.