Image of a statue of two reclining figures discovered in the tank at site 195 ('Royal Baths'). The picture appears to have been taken during the 11th Annual Exhibition of Antiquities Discovered at Burlington House, July 1912. '27 M4' is written on the negative. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Print L52'. Album print marked '194 M12' and 'Slide 27 M4'.
Meroë site 195: Reclining Figures
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/L/52
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 L.52GB 3431 M.146
- Dates of Creation1912
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (162mm x 120mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Image published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl. 35, labelled '195-1(S). Full description of the object can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1, p78, reference 195-1(S).