Image of 4 inscribed sandstone blocks with fragments of vertical hieroglyphic inscriptions found at site 294 (inscriptions 109, 112, 113). Handwritten note with negative states 'Album V25 Meroë 293 M11'. The top block (inscription 109) is thought to contain the cartouche of Malonaqeñ.
Meroë site 293: inscription fragments
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/V/25
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 V.25GB 3431 M.396
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (101mm x 126mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Full description of the objects and inscriptions can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1 p. 243, inscriptions 109, 112, 113.