mage of a badly damaged relief fragment from Meroë, depicting a royal figure facing left followed by an inscription (left); an enthroned male deity faced by a royal figure (centre); and a ram or lion headed deity (right). Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Album S30'. Album print marked '4'.
Meroë: Relief fragment
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/S/30
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 S.30GB 3431 M.931
- Dates of Creation[1909-1914]
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (126mm x 101mm)
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, Pl. 208, labelled 'x-d'. Full description of the object can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1, p259.