Image of the discovery of tomb 1, showing items of pottery at the bottom of a trench. Album print labelled 'Tomb filled with hard gravel. Discovery of deposit'. '1 M09' is written on negative. Handwritten note with negative states 'I M10, Tomb with pottery. Box II, Print P27'. Second note stated 'All in this album without negatives found'.
Meroë tomb 1: 'Discovery of deposit'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/P/27
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 P.27GB 3431 M.2
- Dates of Creation1909
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (179mm x 130mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Pieces of the emulsion are missing from the negative.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.